2015/2016 US-IALE Executive Board Member as Student Representative
Serving in this elected position for a two year term the two student representatives are voting members of the executive committee who represent concerns of the student membership. Other duties include:
- Coordinating student social gatherings and the student-mentor lunch at the annual US-IALE meeting
- Assisting the local host and program chair with student-related meeting arrangements and distributing information relevant to student members
- Arranging student-oriented workshop(s)
- Increasing student membership
- Soliciting nominations for a new student representative
2013 UNC Charlotte Graduate Research Symposium Sessions & Abstract Review Chair
Developed rules and guidelines for abstract submission and criteria for abstract selection. Determined presentation categories and groupings, and scheduled timing and location of presentations according to facility logistics.
Carolina Thread Trail Trail Maintenance & Event Volunteer
The Carolina Thread Trail (The Thread) is an exciting project that’s creating a regional network of greenways, trails and blueways that reaches 15 counties, 2 states and 2.3 million people!